Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Just Sittin' Here

I could have a lot of things going through my head at any given and for some that could be scary. Right now, I am thinking about random stuff. I recently talked to Bret Testerman, a good friend and worship minister in Florida, and he was telling me about something that happened while he attended the 2005 ZOE conference in Nashville not to long ago. He explained to me how there was a lot of Acappella Alum (www.acappella.com) there and they decided to get together and jam instrumentally. He mentioned that it was spurred on by George Pendergrass and a good friend of his that played guitar. Bret told how Barry Wilson, Nick Dunbar, and others were around singing and having a good time. It made me feel good to hear him say that they were talking about I would have loved to be singing with them.
It might seem crazy that I would even relay this event, but it says to me that God followers can hang out, have a good time and still be popular. Now the word “popular” is relative, but I think those who know any of the people I mentioned will understand what I mean. Thank you God for inventing fellowship.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:49 PM , Blogger Mitch Fewell said...

    Well brother,

    I was there, and it was a site. You had Pendegrass, Testerman, Barry Wilson, and the fella from Watershed all singing along with a studio guitar player who has played for the likes of Garth Brooks. Not to mention it was in the lobby of a Church of Christ. It was a memorable night for many.

    Bless you,

    mitch

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home