Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Merry Christmas - Happy New Year!



Well, another year has come and God has been faithful through 2006, no doubt about it. This past year brought about some major change in the lives of the "Maxwells". The biggest being our move from the beautiful Northwest down to Bar-B-Que Land. It was so hot when we got to town that I almost got back in my truck and headed back to Claremont in P-Town. It was ridiculously hot, but we have survived. Alasha transferred straight across with Starbucks and she has been doing her best to learn how we do it down here in the South. This is even different than the way she grew up in Louisiana. Keep her in your prayers she is hanging on and staying with it.

I have had new challenges here at my new job. The work environment in a lot of ways is just like PUMP in that there is the freedom to get done what you know you need to get done. I do miss the atmosphere at PUMP simply because I was able to sit down stairs and look out of the big windows and at anytime someone could come in and change the whole mood of your day. Here I am back in my office and one of our secretaries would call me if someone came to see me. Small I know, but it is very different for me. The Praise Team is also a new challenge. Let's just say that I was used to my whole church being a Praise Team and this is different. The members of the Praise Team here are awesome and excited to make the journey of the vision I have set forth for our team. Pray for them because there are some of you out there that know what I would love to see. Let me just say it would resemble enterPraise at Faith Quest Yamhill with the ladies. Coming soon to a church in Texas!

Well, we have also been able to spend a lot of time with family and that really has been a blessing. The picture above is Jonah sitting with Santa and really not being to sure of Santa. I happen to know "Santa" and Jonah is in good hands, but he doesn't know that. Don't worry, mom is close. This was at our church Christmas Party. We spent Christmas this year in Louisiana and it was very nice. We brought the New Year in at our house hanging out with "Moly" and Galeo, a young adult who attends our church. We just watched football and "24" season one. It was nice and everybody was safe.

Well, I watched the best bowl game of the bowl season and I must say, it was so good I almost cheered against my own team at the end. I really did want Oklahoma to beat Boise State, but if Boise is going to play like that then they deserved to win. The only thing that could beat that game for me would've been waking up that morning at Faith Quest Uganda. Because by the time that game ended it would been time to eat breakfast in Africa. Oh, well. I am looking to this year coming up and to the things God has in store for the Maxwell family. Jonah will finally catch up to his clothing and pray because Alasha and I would love to get child number 2 here.




Keep Looking Up!

Keep us in your prayers. See you later and God bless!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:46 AM , Blogger Jason Hill said...

    Happy new year to you, my friend.

     
  • At 5:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    It was good to chat with you last night! See you in February!

     
  • At 7:55 PM , Blogger Aimee Jo said...

    Jonah does look awfully scared to be with Santa!! He's so cute--thanks for sharing about your x-mas with the family. I am glad that it was a time of blessing for you.
    Oh yeah, and I enjoyed watching the Boise State game too!!

     
  • At 8:26 PM , Blogger Sarah Megan said...

    Hey Im going to be in your city on the 20th. I think what Im going to is called Winterfest. My best friend is in Theatron and will be performing. Will you be there?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home