Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Perspective

Galatians 6:2 says, “Share each other’s troubles and problems, and in this way obey the law of Christ”. (NLT)
I have been doing some hard reflection on my life as a professional minister. I believe I was made to do this thing called ministry for a number of reasons. I must admit to you that the “reason” I like to cling to the most has to do with the fact that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for my sins and to satisfy God’s anger against me. That is something I get. I have a lot of friends that could take this passage and go really deep with it deciphering this word and that; making really cool applications, and that actually is a very good thing to do in quiet time and times of good group study of scripture. To me I read: watch out for others, help others, try and give others the benefit of the doubt, and when push comes to shove remember they are somebody bought and paid for with blood.
For a more in depth perspective check out Romans 14 and 15:13. Thanks Lord for the insight.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:27 AM , Blogger Kristi said...

    I don't think I had seen that scripture in that form before, Steve. It is interesting to me that it says that helping others fulfills the "law of Christ". We always like to seperate Jesus from any sort of law, but that's clearly not what this verse implies. I assume the "law of Christ" is to love the Lord our God and love others as ourselves? What cha think?

     
  • At 1:18 PM , Blogger Steve Maxwell said...

    I absolutely agree with you Kristi. For me it is working daily on Jesus’ law, in me and at the same time letting it shape the man I am. I definitely want to keep Jesus at the center of it, because with out Him I am an “unrestricted” free agent (something the Astros may want to seek in the off season. ). And if anything I want to be restricted by Jesus rather than the law of Moses. Hey thanks for being the first to comment on my blog. You rock Kristi.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home