Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

"Are You Serious"

“Are you serious”, is one my little brother’s favorite phrases. He likes to use it to explain a number of situations where the “I can believe it” aspect of life enters his world. Here lately it has been used to explain some losses by our favorite sports teams here in the States. However, I learned last night while talking to a good friend of mine – Luke Coles – that a young man, Adam Langford, I knew by way of his brother, Ben Langford, passed away in an auto accident in Uganda, Africa. Immediately my heart and body went to a different place. All of my “problems and cares” of that day left just that quick, and I found myself with the phrase “are you serious” on my lips. I could not believe what Luke was telling me.

I am familiar with this kind of pain and loss and I do not like it. It hurts, period. It does give me joy to know that Adam has just been welcomed home by my mother. Two fellow Oklahoma Christian alum now with their Father awaiting our arrival.

I cannot get Ben out of my head and I am praying for the Langford’s. I ran across Adam from time to time when we both lived in Portland, Oregon and his was awesome just like his brother. I would see he and brother on the soccer field and remember how much I loved my own brother. Thanks for the memories Adam.

Lord, please be with the Langford’s and the Jinja Team in this time of heavy grief and loss. Comfort as only you can and give blessings out of this tragedy.

For more info about a courageous warrior for Christ visit: www.jinjamissions.org.

God Bless,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home