Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Thanks Again PUMP!

Yesterday I had the opportunity to step back into my recent past and it was a blast. I usually get to the church about 7:15-am to prepare for the Praise Team that arrives around 8-am. Well, this past weekend I spent at a retreat directed by Ryan Gibbons, our Senior Minister, and Greg Garrett, author, professor and Seminary Student. It was a very good time and I learned a lot. We stayed at a wonderful bed and breakfast here in Arlington. So I got up from the B&B, got to church, and after turning on the computer my phone rang. It was Amy Gibbons, Ryan's wife, calling from the B&B I had just left explaining that Ryan was very sick. She went on to inform me that I would need to prepare to preach as well lead worship. I just smiled and said, "I will be ready". This took me back to PUMP church where every now and then I was blessed with the opportunity to do both. I say it, not because I have this burning desire to be "the show" (do everything). I say it because it was a classic curve-ball, a definite moment of flexibility and people at PUMP, in my opinion, are experts at hitting curve-balls. Ike Graul, Kristi White, and Lanny Tucker were my head coaches while I received specialty training from Lori Vander Kamp, and Casey "Case Worker" Tucker. There were and still are many coaches in Portland, Oregon that contributed to my development, many who are not at PUMP, and I thank all of you for the training and I miss you terribly. You all taught me how to "let go and Let God", and so far the feedback from yesterday says that as usual, God fed many with little. Thank you Father.
I love you all and may God bless your day.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:34 AM , Blogger Kristi said...

    You've been on my mind this week, Steve. I've missed our post-staff-meeting talks. I miss your style of taking us as a group into worship. Your impact on our church and community was an important one. Love you, friend!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home