Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Friday, October 28, 2005

God Inspires Through Africa

I can still remember meeting Allan and Kristi White when I got to PUMP. They had a beautiful little girl with one of the coolest names – Trinity. It did not hurt that the movie “The Matrix” had been released and was the talk of many towns for a while. Anyway, it is amazing how God can touch us using people in ways you would never expect. I remember Kristi saying that her Brother Jeff Cash was a missionary in Africa and he and a couple of Ugandans, Kabito David and Kizito Ronald; were coming to the State’s to do some work and visit. At PUMP church we still had just one life group (we have 4 now – thank you Father) and Jeff and his friends came to fellowship with us. The life group was meeting at my house and my wife fixed her baked chicken and stuffing and some dessert that was “right”. Kizito Ronald still talks about that chicken till this day. Sorry I am getting ahead of myself. Anyway, so Jeff talked about how God was working in Africa and we visited with the gentlemen and had a great time.
Later on at Faith Quest (a weekend youth event hosted by camp Yamhill) I had a chance to talk to them more. All of sudden I found myself sitting down with a group of people and the words “yes I will go to Africa” coming out of my mouth. The next thing you know Kristi is telling me how much I will love it and showing me pictures. Ike Graul, one of my good friends and co-ministers, is also making the trip. The shots, reading, and fundraising ended with me walking off a plane in the most beautiful place I had ever seen. And I have been a few places: 49 of our United States, Europe, Brazil, etc. The real beauty came when I got to witness the work going on by the Cash’s as they are Jesus to their family in Africa.
I will stop for now, but trust me there will be more to come. God bless the Cash’s and all the others ministering in Uganda and all over the world.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home