Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Checking In

Hello My People,

This is just a note to check in. The Maxwell's are hanging in there. We are in the middle of Jonah having the Croup, me having a cold, and Alasha is taking care of us and doing a wonderful job. I went to Oklahoma City to celebrate the life of Adam Langford and got a chance to visit with Luke and Serena Coles. Their son, Tyson, is a wonderful young man. He is a little younger than and Alasha and I had fun trying to get him to come to us. He was shy as first but then he warmed up to us. He gave out lot's of hugs, Serena made these awesome cookies and Luke was he always chilled out self. We watched American Idol together which is it's on entertainment in and of itself. God thank you for friends and the love they show.

Adam's memorial service was very sad and beautiful at the same time. It was so, so, so good for me to lay my eyes on people from Portland. Ben, Adam's, brother and Ben Ries and others celebrated Adam and it was comforting to know of Adam's obvious love for God and His people. There was reunion and tears. God, bless You for being there when it feels too bad and hurts so much.

I am about to start a class on "Spiritual Leadership" on Wednesday nights. It is our men's class and I am excited about it. I just have to say that Ike Graul took great lengths to nurture me and others at PUMP in Spiritual Leadership. The church itself was a great place to learn a lot about the kind of leadership that follows God. Pray for me. God, may I teach the things You would have me teach.

I leave next week to speak at a youth rally in Missoula, Montana. I leave the day after Valentines Day so I have a lot to get done in a short amount of time. God, thank you for how You take care of Your children.

I leave you with this: www.marriagematters.ws (I still don't know how to create links with a Mac. so if J. Thomas, I. Graul, or A. White can tell me how to do that it would be awesome.) Anyway, this is the website for a Marriage Seminar that I believe to be one of the best out there. So if you are near a church they will be visiting I strongly recommend you check them out. Especially if you are married, think you will be married, planning on getting married, have been married, are single and like someone else or you are alive. Get my point. Jerry and Lynn do a wonderful job and they are as down to earth as you can get. God, thank You for Your servants Jerry and Lynn Jones and may You keep them safe as they travel and share information about Godly marriages.

Well that's enough for now. Much Love and I will see you next time.

Steve

10 Comments:

  • At 12:50 PM , Blogger sarah said...

    I was just thinking about you and alasha and jonah. Can't believe he is turning two this month. God Bless!

     
  • At 10:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Hope you guys all get to feeling better. See you at the end of the month! I'm so excited!

     
  • At 7:09 PM , Blogger Luke Coles said...

    Had a blast with Y'all. Come back anytime.

     
  • At 2:57 PM , Blogger Johnathan M. Thomas said...

    {a href="http://www.marriagematters.ws"}Click Here{/a}

    replace "{" with "<" and "}" with ">"

    and you get this

    Click Here

    there is only one space between "a href="... in my preview it's so long it breaks it up.

    hope this helps.

    peace.

     
  • At 9:15 PM , Blogger Lana said...

    Steven,
    I look forward to meeting you. I live in Missoula and I'm also Adam's cousin. I was with him in Uganda when he died and also at the funeral. Thank you for coming and praying for our family.
    See ya soon in Missoula,
    Lana

     
  • At 10:47 PM , Blogger megan enos said...

    Hey Steve-o,
    Just dropping you a quick line to say hello. I'm back in touch with Felicia (Sutherland) Patten, who now lives in Searcy with her THREE kids and professor hubby. I'll always remember that you are her chocolate bar, but I can't recall how you know each other. Small enough world, I suppose.

    BTW, if you like "Blue Like Jazz," you should check out Miller's newest release (but older writings), "Through Painted Deserts." It's his journals from a road trip from Dallas to Portland, and it's esp cool when he gets to Oregon and talks about all the places we know, visit, haunt, have sung at... He also has some interesting musings and some parts that are LOL.

    Mark and I are well - please give my love to Alasha and not-so baby Jonah!

    HUGE hug,
    tiff-o

     
  • At 7:44 AM , Blogger megan enos said...

    "Through Painted Deserts" is about Miller's trip from *Houston* to Portland, not Dallas to Portland. Sorry, my Texas friends! Must be as bad as if I'd said "Houston to Eugene," or worse, "Houston to Seattle." Horrors!

     
  • At 3:10 PM , Blogger Leah said...

    Steve! We miss you and your family SO very much!! I hope you get to feeling better!

    Thank you for so many kind words about PUMP. Logan and I are really feeling the acceptance and warmth that you display in your affectionate words. We too are being equipped and nurtured to be part of God's plan here. We love it. --- It's so nice to have true friends again.

    Logan will graduate in April. I know it would mean a lot to him if you could be there. So if you are planning a trip already and just need the dates, shoot for April 28th to be in Portland.

    Love you so much Steve!!

     
  • At 4:11 AM , Blogger Christense Andersen Jiang said...

    From one foreign country to another (ha ha) just wanted to say hello. I hope the Maxwell Men recover quickly. When did that baby of yours become a little person? Send my love to Alasha, Remember me as I Remember you!

     
  • At 3:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We just had the pleasure of having Lynn for our ladies' retreat at the North Atlanta Church of Christ in Atlanta, Georgia.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home