Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Monday, October 31, 2005

God things from God's people.

Things went pretty well this weekend. Alasha had to close at Starbucks for her last 3 days of training and Jonah and I missed her. But other than that things went good. I have been deliberate about looking for God in the people I interact with daily. Things are pretty stressful right now and being God’s child I know He’s got my back. It just helps me to be able to recognize Him around me when my faith is being tested. Now I realize I could go into a lovely discussion on – “how do I know which things God had a hand in?” And I guess my smart-aleck response would be – “Since I believe He made the whole world, He must be involved in it”. OK, that was random, back to what I was saying. Here is where I saw God this past week:

Ø Allan and Jason coming into the PUMP house to do Micah Project work with big smiles on their faces. (2 computer geniuses together hmm.)
Ø Hanging out with Logan @ Cascade and Taco Bell
Ø Watching my son get very happy when Danni and Jessica come to baby sit
Ø Finding my Graul children seriously hanging out on Saturday morning with dad
Ø Watching yet another great performance by Visions from Cascade College
Ø Getting a big bear hug from Dave Astin every time I see him no matter where I see him.
Ø Watching Trinity and Conner come from walking with Kaelea and hearing them say, Hi, Big Steeeeeve!
Ø Watching the big smile on my beautiful wife’s face when we finally bought Jonah’s bedding and mobile and hamper and.. you get the picture.
Ø Watching Dante’s face light up when AP and I went into the hospital room to see him.
Ø Watching Jim Grace cry as we sang with him in the nursing home

I could keep going but I will stop here and say I have been blessed with a great church and friends and I love and appreciate all of you, though I may not show like I should. God is here in this place and I can’t wait until Jesus comes to take us all home. In the mean time let’s tell others how you see God in your daily life.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:09 AM , Blogger Jason Hill said...

    Dude, I am glad to find you on the web! I am praying for you, Alasha and Jonah.

     
  • At 8:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Hey, thanks for reminding me of the little things and the big things where God says "Hey, I'm here!"

     
  • At 10:56 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

    I just started regularly reading a blog called "Grace Notes", a site where multiple contributors talk only about ways that others have blessed their lives. It is encouraging to read about the great ways God is working in other's lives, and it is an important reminder to look for those ourselves each day.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home