Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

What A Day!

This Sunday started out just any other Sunday at PUMP. I got up and helped Alasha with Jonah. Alasha works on Sundays after church so we go over the game plan so as to know what to do for babysitting and so on. This Sunday would be on of those busy ones but nothing out of the ordinary. A leadership team meeting was scheduled, children needed to be picked up on the church vans, Hosting for 252Basics needed to be rehearsed one last time and songs for worship needed to be prepared. So I had Alasha take a few pictures to remember my last walk out of the house to the PUMP house. I prayed as I walked that God would have His way with this day and that He would be praised. It takes about 7 minutes and I am at the House. I am the first one there at 8:30a and I set up my computer to look over 252Basics stuff.
A little later Joe Britt comes in and “here we go”. It becomes quickly apparent that I am going to need to drive a van and off we go. Joe and I went on the route and had a great conversation. The children got on the van as stopped at their respective homes and it was great. I called Kristi to inform her that I was 5 minutes away at 9:55a (252 bible class starts at 10a) and she said no worries. Bible class went great and worship started. The congregation was ready to sing praises to God and off we went. It was awesome, but like I said, not unlike any other Sunday.
There is a young man that sits up front in church every Sunday and his intention is to help whoever is doing whatever do it better. When I lead worship, he helps with overheads, when Ike is preaching, he excitedly interjects his thoughts into Ike’s preaching. His name is Bevin. Looking into Bevin’s eyes this past Sunday all of sudden brought it home for me – this is my “last” Sunday to officially “work” at PUMP church. It became a little more difficult to lead the worship, but the Holy Spirit was moving and that made it alright.
I will miss standing up there, sitting in there and worshiping there. I am sure it will hit me a little while after I am gone.
This coming Sunday I will visit the Metro church of Christ for their early service and then head North to visit the Vancouver church of Christ. On April 9th I will be at PUMP with my family for the last time and then drive out of town that day! Keep us in your prayers, please.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:05 AM , Blogger Sarah Megan said...

    Steve,
    I will definitely be praying for you. I will miss you when I am at PUMP this summer, but I know that God has a plan for you in the great state of Texas :)

    Its was amazing to me how happy and welcoming you were that Sunday I was there. I will never forget it. Sadly, I did forget that date that I was suppose to remember :/

    Texas needs a man like you, Steve. Nice, welcoming, happy....I think they are getting fewer and fewer down here.

    I cannot wait to hear through your blog what God will do through you in Texas. You better keep writing....

    Love and Blessings,
    Sarah

     
  • At 10:19 AM , Blogger Kristi said...

    This is surely a time of mixed emotions around our PUMP family. We are excited for your new adventure, and we anticipate what the Lord has in store for PUMP next. Yet we grieve for our losses - we will miss you greatly.

     
  • At 10:23 AM , Blogger Leah said...

    Steve, there is no possible way to express in written words the affection I and my family have for you, and saving my sappiness for another day let me just say that you will not have a "last day" at PUMP. You, I and everyone else knows that you'll be back to love on and sing with those that make up PUMP church. - I'm sorry I missed you leading worship. It's been a breathtaking experience to be at PUMP with you. I'm sure you understand my meaning.

     
  • At 12:36 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

    Steve you and the fam. will be greatly missed. I am thankful things are falling in order for you. How great the internet is and that it will be easy to keep in touch

     
  • At 5:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I can't imagine PUMP church without you! I'm glad that we've been on this journey together. Bless you, friend!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home