Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Back to My Old New World

Wow! My brain is racing right now. I have just feasted on a smorgasbord of encouraging words. I must tell you that the thought of moving back to the good old south has evoked many different emotions within the deep inner parts of my soul. I am anxious to get back and scared of exactly how things have changed since I have been gone. But like I just said, I have been reading some things that excite me.

I first went to the blog of a sister in Christ who encouraged me to remember just how good I have it here in America. She let me in on just what true fellowship means. The kind of fellowship I believe my soul constantly craves. The kind where you just sit down with someone that you don’t know to hear them talk about things you normally wouldn’t, from a point of view you hadn’t thought about. Then I went to her husband’s blog and he talked about discipleship. The kind of discipleship where you teach people to teach Jesus, and not Jesus plus. I was doing just fine until I came to my next set of blogs and there it was. If you get a chance you read Mike Cope’s blog where he interviews Dr. Jerry Taylor I suggest do it.

The blog will speak for itself. It just took me back to a time where my faith was not my own and I was tossed to and fro by men and women I believe had the best intentions for my soul. As a matter of fact, I can say without a doubt that without a lot of them my spiritual walk would have suffered. I guess that is why it is hard for me to read where an organization like “The New Wineskins” must exist among a people who should know first hand about persecution, especially in this country. However, there it was and how glad I am that is was. Not because I have secretly harbored feelings that run parallel with what I perceive the organization to be about, but because I read about an organization that appears to be interested in “Listening”. That is the one thing that I have finally figured out was missing in my journey through a world past. And I am not talking about “giving someone the floor”; I am talking about taking the time to internalize what someone is offering. I am talking about letting it marinate and responding with the kind of “love” that will give evidence to our Christianity.

Well, I totally respect Dr. Taylor and anyone who provides opportunity for good godly communication so I look forward to at least attending a New Wineskins retreat to listen and see what God will show me.

This is the world that I came from but it appears that my “old world” has received some “New Wine” and I praise God for it. I have been out here in the northwest dealing with people who have no relationship with Jesus as opposed to those who have a relationship different than the one I have. That has been a blessing and great preparation for what God has in store for me next. Pray for me and my family as we go forth to drink new wine and fellowship with more of Gods family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home