Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Still In The Middle of Finals


Well here we go again. I have a good friend who says, “it feels like I been in finals week for 2, 3, 4 months”. He will say this to explain just how crazy his life has been, is, and as far as the near future looks, will be. I smile when he says that because more than not he is explaining the lives of half the people he comes in contact with. My life is definitely not an exception.

On Saturday 1/28/06 Alasha got into a fight in the Ford Focus with a PT Cruiser and lost. She is ok and that made me very happy to hear. Jonah was not with her and by the time I got there she seemed to be pretty calm. This is big for her seeing as that was her first accident. She went on to work and I used the rest of that day getting things taken care of. We had a lot of help from members of the church and that helped to make things a little smoother, but I am still waiting to take my last final for a while and go on vacation. As I look into the future though, I don’t see it.

I took today off to do some work around the house to get us closer to moving and that has gone slowly but surely. The house is it’s regular Maxwell chaos and the garage was a war zone. I have since turned the garage into a better looking war zone and I am looking forward to going back out just a soon as Jonah goes back to sleep.

I do know that the one thing I can do to get closer to my last final is to ask those of you that pray, to pray. So here goes.
Could you pray for:
· Alasha to feel better ( she is kind of sore from the accident)
· Jonah to get the gunk out of his chest
· God to continue to give us opportunities to tell others about His redeeming love
· For us to give the burdens of moving, living, and raising an awesome little boy over to God so He can help us.
· Alasha at Starbucks
· Steve at PUMP church
· Our families back south and that we remember to keep praying.

If you could do that that would be great! Thanks and God bless.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:47 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

    We are so thankful that Alasha is okay. But I know that kind of life event is very stressful - from coming off of the arendelin rush to dealing with all of the yucky post-details. Blessings on your little family!

     
  • At 8:35 PM , Blogger Christense Andersen Jiang said...

    Praise God that Alasha is okay! Your family is in my prayers during this time of challenge and transition. If you need a hand with anything, just give me a call!

     
  • At 9:40 AM , Blogger J. B. said...

    I'm glad that Alasha is ok! I'm praying for your family and that the rest of your finals week goes smoothly!

     
  • At 11:10 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Liftin' it up!

     
  • At 8:26 PM , Blogger Matt Tibbles said...

    Praying for you as usual. Where you moving too?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home