Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Make Me Wanna Dance


OK! Let me first tell you of a story that happened to me when I was in Acappella. We were on tour and I had not too long started singing with the group when we found ourselves in Chicago, Illinois. I can remember driving through Gary, Indiana coming into Chicago from the South side and being in awe. You have remember we visited city after city so it wasn't that this city was so much different than the others I had visited it was that we were about to enter Oprah land. Ok, so I am kidding. Now to the real story.

I was listening to one of my new albums and like a good album can do, it led me to another artist. Now the thing about music is that you can find out about people who have been right under your nose the whole time and you just didn't know it. I was listening to Kirk Franklin's album "Hero" and I came across cut #8 Could've Been and I became a little "undignidfied" as my man Avery Stafford would say. The beat drops on that track and if you are like me; a big country smile comes on your face like that guy in the Buger King commercials. Then the singing starts and you are hooked. This song has a secret weapon at the end of it which also guess vocals Tye Tribett . It comes in the form of an intoxicating tenor voice. I tried to ignore it at first but ya'll know me. It wasn't long before I was researching the person behind that voice and it led to me to someone who has been around for a little time: J. Moss. J. Moss has been in gospel for a while, but has also worked with people like Boyz II Men, Waner Brothers Films, Mary Mary etc. He is one third of the hit making producing duo PAJAM. Paul Allen and Walter Kearney are the other two.

I am still worshiping with this album. I must tell you that this album makes me want to be a complete David (2 Samuel 6:14). After a few more listens andI will review it for ya, but I have to let it marinate a little more. I'll get back to ya when I can.

Oh Yeah! Thank you to my Mentee' for the gift of J. Moss. God bless you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home