Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Chris Rice's Amusing album review


The first thing I need to say is that if you have not heard of Chris Rice that is ok. I mean you have been choked off from one of Christian Music’s premiere song writers, but that happens. OK, now for those of you who have heard of Chris, you will know what I mean when I say his latest gift to us is yet another example of man getting out of Gods way; and allowing himself to used up in a beautiful way.
“Amusing” has 11 tracks and they all offer a little something different to encourage to Jesus follower and those who are not. The album starts off with a Prelude and that is simply a cool rock-a-billy sounding intro to the first cut – Love Like Cray. This is probably the most rocking song on the album and it is a call for God people to start loving one another in a radical way and then spreading that love to a world searching. When Did You Fall is a groovy tune that seems to have a double meaning – asking the question when did the object of his affection fall in love with him? This is one of those songs that could mean a earthly love or the love of Jesus. Breakfast Table is a beautifully written ode to Heaven and perhaps someone in Chris’ life who has gone on before him. The nice thing about this song is that it is written in three-four which gives one the feeling of dancing around heaven. The Final Move is set cleverly in the middle of a chess game. It talks about how in the game of life we may come across things that make life tough but Love (Jesus) has the final move.
I could go on and talk about every song on this album individually but that would take more time than I have at this point. Know this, Chris Rice has again struck gold with an album that speaks to us in many ways and pulls on the right heart stings as we walk towards heaven. Pick it up and be encouraged. God bless you all.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:50 AM , Blogger Jason Hill said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:54 AM , Blogger Jason Hill said...

    Thanks for the Amusing review. I don't keep as current on these things as I should, so your research is appreciated (plus, I know it just kills you to listen to and talk about new music :P ). I admire composers who will write in 3/4. I usually put them in a different category and take note when they put there stamp on something. Isn't Questions for Heaven in 3? Seems like he has a heaven and triple meter connection going on there. Perhaps a subtle way to say things will be different when He comes.

     
  • At 11:47 AM , Blogger Cheryl said...

    Hello our music loving friend! I have just connected to your blog (I was moving on Africa time) and you even make me laugh when you blog. And I realized, that your profile picture was taken at our house by our fence?!?! If I'm seeing that right...too cool.
    So, reading about your Rascal Flatts concert and CD assessments...makes me homesick for new music. Much love to Alasha and that adorable Jonah! I'll keep reading, my friend.

     
  • At 9:51 AM , Blogger Adam Wolfgang said...

    This is my favorite album right now, My kids love "Lemonade." He has a great gift.
    Chris, if your reading this, thank you for being faithful with your gift!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home