Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Concert!

I would say that I am tough critic on concerts. It probably comes from going to so many over my short lifetime and then performing in a few. One thing I’ve learned is that music is definitely art. In other words, what one person thinks is trash someone else thinks is beautiful. Well, with that said, the Rascal Flatts concert was great. It was held in the Rose Garden Arena where the Portland Trailblazers play and arenas are just tough to mix in. The opening acts where Keith Anderson and Blake Shelton. Although I see Blake Shelton headlining very soon, he was still considered an opening act. The man can flat out sing. The Lord must have slapped him in the throat and said you are singing country music because he was nice. Keith Anderson is definitely and opening act and I am sure we will see more of him.
Now for the main event: Gary LeVox, Jay DeMarcus, and Joe Don Rooney make up the group Rascal Flatts. The stage was very nice. They keep the party going with hit after hit and few words of funny to keep things light and fun. Some highlights were the man they had playing fiddle, the performance of “God Bless the Broken Road”, and nods to Bon Jovi (You Give Love a Bad Name), Def Leopard (Pour Some Sugar on Me), and Bruce Springsteen’s (Born In the USA). The crowd was electric and definitely ready and Rascal Flatts did not disappoint. Jay DeMarcus (the bass player) is very talented and did a stint at the piano with some Jerry Lee Lewis and Beatles. Joe Don (lead guitarist) sang one or their hits from the first album and then lead everyone in Garth Brooks’ “Friends in Low Places”. Hats off to the techs, riggers, and sound engineers, they did a great job.
Well that was the first even of the Tri – Fecta. I am looking forward to some time with my wife in a more quiet setting tomorrow night. Take care and I will see you all another time.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:57 AM , Blogger Kenli Shea said...

    Steve, We can be blog buddies now. I went to Jeremy Camp concert last night, wish I could have attended the ol rascal flatts concert though. Glad all seems well there, tell my pal Em hi for me. Love you guys.

     
  • At 10:28 AM , Blogger Steve Maxwell said...

    Hey Kenli,
    Good to hear from you again. I will that I would love to see Jeremy Camp. I loved Rascal Flatts but Jeremy is a lot more deliberate about talking about the things I need to hear.

     
  • At 7:17 PM , Blogger Aimee Jo said...

    LUCKEE! One of my students was there to celebrate her 6th birthday. I'm glad that it was a good concert. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home