Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

A Music Buying Spree

For those of you who know me, please keep me in your thoughts. For you see I have completed a very calculated music buying spree. Calculated means it was in the budget. Anyway, I purchased 4 albums that have blessed me in different ways. I purchased Nickel Creek’s “Why Should the Fire Die?”, Sara Groves’ “Add to the Beauty”, Chris Rice’s “Amusing”, and Kirk Franklin’s “Hero”. Now I need to say that these albums are all very good. I am still digesting them so I can not give a review just yet, but know that one is coming. Knowing me I will refer to these albums in future blogs.
I highly recommend Sara and Chris no matter what I have to say in the future because they are anointed with the gift of song writing. Now Kirk Franklin’s album is in heavy rotation at my house and you can ask Jonah – there is not one song even close to sorry. This album is extraordinary, but like I said I will do a review later. Nickel Creek's album has great musicianship and clever lyrics. Some of the lyrics, however; are questionable and those of you who get the disc and listen carefully, you will see what I mean. But it is nice.
Oh well, until then take care and God bless whoever it was that dropped Fred Hammomd’s DVD off at my house for a minute. Peace!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:21 PM , Blogger ewall said...

    God is a god God...yessss He is... I tell you God is a good God, yes He is!

     
  • At 10:11 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

    Hmmm...my new Third Day album just came in the mail today. A new music day is a happy day.

     
  • At 10:26 AM , Blogger Steve Maxwell said...

    So you said you were bringing what new album to work Kristi buddy, pal , old freind.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home