Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Sunday @ PUMP church

This past Sunday was a blast. I was reminded of so many things, the main being - God rocks! Let me tell you how.
At PUMP we are running a curriculum for our children called 252 Basics. The cirriculum is awesome. It is a small group set-up for children grades k - 5. It consists of 3 different meetings for the children. They start in their small groups to have the topic of the lesson introduced by their small group leaders (teachers) and an activity that supports the topic. This time is called "Catch On". Next, the children come together in a big space where there is a host, a worship leader, and a story teller. These people work together to support the topic in a large group format. This is called "Power Up". Finally the children go back to thier small groups to study the topic more in depth. This is called "Plug In". Anyway, I am the host for our time together. That means I get to basically hang-out wtih the children and keep the flow between the storyteller and the worhshipleader. Well this Sunday when Adam Wolfgang, our worship leader for Power Up, started leading the children I got excited. I was praising God loud and jumping around with the children. I am sure the children thought I had lost my mind but they were praising God also, so we were one big happy family given all praise to God. I don't know if you can picture a 6'2, 300lb man jumping with a bunch of children, but it happened. And everything was great until the song was finished. It was at that point that I realized that was the most exercise I had had in about 2 weeks. I was sweating and searching for my breath somewhere back in the middle of that last song. The rest of the day basically went like that. Ike, our preacher for the day, did a great job summing up the book of Acts. It was a great day.

It was later on that it dawned on me that while I was praising God with the children, I was a child and am a child to God.

Thank you Lord for reminding me how "Great Thou Art"

Your child - Big Steve!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home