Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Another Hospital Visit!

Well, well, well and again I visited a place I have visited all to often. Last night I spent at Legacy's Emanuel Hospital. I have had a nice trickle of health problems since I turned 30. Here is the thing, I know who holds tommorow and what I should do to prevent a lot of the things I go through and yet there I was again. Alasha and I were on our way to bed and my chest got tight. It felt like I was getting a bear hug I didn't ask for. It lasted only a few minutes and then I felt as if I had been in a good football game. We decided to be safe rather than sorry and go the emergency room. You see I have had this happen before and been diagnosed with Acid Reflux. In the past I have been given a clean bill of health when it comes to my heart but my family history makes most doctors nervous. So we waited a short time once we got to the hospital and a longer time once they checked my vitals and saw that I was in no immediate danger. We waited and waited and waited and.. ok you get it. Legacy was busy that night with a barage of different traumas. Finally the docter came in and told us something we were not expecting. He said that some heart problems might present themselves a little later and he did not want to send me home until they were sure I was ok so they were admitting me. I said ok and waited for them to find me a room. After entering the hospital at 1am I went to my room at 7:45am that morning. To make a long story much shorter, God is best (as they say in Africa) and I was fine. I had to get on a treadmill and walk really fast on a pretty good incline and they had me wired up like a professional sound system. I had fun with my docters and they said what ever was wrong with me had nothing to do with my heart. They also said that my blood work was pretty good and things looked good so they were releasing me. And they did.
Now I had started eating a little better and walking this week so my body is probably trying to revolt. However, onward Christian Soldier I say. I am going to keep doing what I had started and I have been given permission by the docters to do that as long as I take it easy at first. Well our church is awesome and they have been taking care of us. So thank you:
-Alasha because you are the best wife in the world and Jonah for coming to see daddy
-Amanda Peterson for coming over to watch Jonah at asleep o'clock.
-Kerry Lowery for checking on me
-PUMP church for prayers and phone calls
-Tucker's for dinner
-White's for calling about dinner
-Nicole for a funny call
-my brother and dad for their comedy (after they heard I was ok of course)
-Lanny Tucker for awesome e-mail communication
-Moly for phone call
Ok I could keep going but I wanted to take this time to say to anybody that reads this:

I love being a part of God's family. It rocks. God takes care of you like none other and I would have it no other way. I want to praise Him and thank my brothers and sisters in Christ for your support during this crazy time. Keep praying that I eat healthier and continue to exercise. And thanks again.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:46 PM , Blogger Lindsey said...

    Oh Stevie! That's no way to spend a Friday night. Glad you're home now! I too will be praying for your health.

     
  • At 1:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Glad I was there to help out with boy! And I'm super glad that you got a clean bill of health!

     
  • At 4:12 PM , Blogger Johnathan M. Thomas said...

    I was in Nashville, TN when I heard from Pearl the news. We prayed for you right then and there. Glad to hear you are doing better. I love you brother.

    Peace.
    johno~

     
  • At 8:41 AM , Blogger Mike Lewis said...

    Wish I'd heard before now, but I am glad that you are doing better.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home