Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Happy Birthday Jonah!





What a weekend we just had! February 23rd was Jonah Tobias Maxwell's 1st birthday. As a proud father, it was almost all I could take. He was so cute and his mother was so awesome. It was as if I couldn't be around the both of them enough. Lots of hugs and kisses for both of them from me, dad. It brought memories of being at Portland Adventist, the birth, bringing him home, and many more. I have plenty of friends with children and I have lived through them, but nothing compares to experiencing your own childs 1st birthday.
My younger brother Chris came in town on business (He is an electrical engineer for Texas Instruments) and was able to stay over and participate in the activities. This included two different birthday parties. We had a small birthday party on Jonah's actual birthday and then a big blow-out at PUMP church on Saturday the 25th. The party on Saturday was actually a double party with Jacob McKenzie, Billy and Brenda McKenzie's son. The boys were born 25hrs apart. Jonah was early and Jacob was late so Jonah came Feb 23rd and Jacob came Feb 24th. There was cake and food and family. God is so good I can hardly stand it. All of this just makes me love Him so much for blessing me with a "family" this. Thanks to all of you who blessed us with presents, cards, and your wonderful presence. Oh yeah and Happy Birthday Jonah and Jacob!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:54 PM , Blogger ewall said...

    oh my goodness that boy KILLED the cake. done. KILLED it. he is too cute.

     
  • At 10:00 AM , Blogger Cheryl said...

    Happy, happy birthday Jonah! May God bless you with many, many more!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home