Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Jamie Cullum

Ok! I know I promised picture's Jonah the next time I posted but I am still in the middle of learning how to use my new eMac. It is much more machine that I am used to and I have not quite figured out how to upload pictures in my blog. I am still a "right click" man and I can never remember the keystrokes to get the same results in this Tiger OSX, whatever it is I am running. I have figured out how to enter a blog so I will have to go with this for now.

On last Sunday evening I took a trip to downtown Dallas to a neighborhood called "The Deep Ellum". Sorry if it is mispelled. I went to some place called "The Gypsy Tea Room". It was a huge warehouse like space that had been cleverly converted into a nice concert venue. A gentlemen by the name of Raul Midon opened up for Jamie and he was absolutly incredible. He is a guitar playing, singing, songwriting man who is also blind. He impressed Stevie Wonder and got him to record on his lastest release to give you some idea of how good he was. He played and sang by himself for about an hour. It was great. After a small break Jamie and his band came out and it was on. He can play the Ivory out of a piano and he can sing. He displayed more energy in two hours than I did in all of PSP dances combined (for those of you who have had the unfortunate opportunity to witness that).

The funny thing is as I was standing there witnessing this great concert and people going crazy I thought to myself, "how could I do something to get these people this psyched about Jesus?" It took me by surprise to have that thought in a jazz concert. Jamie is a true showman and he did not do a ton of cursing and gyrating but it was not a christian concert. I suppose it is all in thte book, "How To Be All Things To All People while Being Jesus". Oh and by the way, if someone comes across that book, please let me know.

God Bless You - Peace

3 Comments:

  • At 9:37 AM , Blogger Johnathan M. Thomas said...

    First of all, it's good to hear from you bro. Glad all is well with the fam. Tell the wife, I'm still loving the coffee, but I'm getting low. BTW, the Kenyan blend kicks.

    Now, about the mac thingy. You can right click in Tiger... you just need a mouse with that option. Go to the office store and pic up a usb mouse, plug it in and go for it.

    Second, you can still get the right click feature without having a "right clicker" Just hold dow the "CTRL" key next to the option key and click the mouse button. The control key acts like a right clicker when you don't have a right button on your mouse.

    Now, about that photo upload. When you're creating your post, click the photo button and click choose file. Find the file you want to upload and bingo. OR if you upload your pics to a flicker account you can "add an image from the web" Just find your pic on the web copy the address and paste it in the blank.

    If you have any trouble, give me a call and I'll walk you through it.

    peace.

     
  • At 2:12 PM , Blogger Jason Hill said...

    Johno, you know I am literally laughing my butt off right now.

    I can see Steve standing on the dock of Mac island as the boat sails away, "Hey, come back, you forgot my 2 button mouse!"

    Steve, please do not think I am laughing at you. This has been brewing with me and John for a while and it just happens to be coming out here on your blog. You know that I love you like a brother and would jump in front of a train to save any member of your family.

    Back to Jamie, could you suggest a nice track of his that would work on the jazz mix I am working on? I've only recently been introduced to him.

     
  • At 5:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Glad you had a good time at the concert. Sorry that I couldn't stay for it. We'll just have to take a raincheck on it. I've already got a raincheck with 'Lash for Bon Jovi :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home