Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Things Are Coming Together!

For those of you that don’t have to move, I recommend that you don’t. Now don’t get me wrong, we didn’t have to move; we just felt it time to be closer to family. Besides it is the actual get a truck, pack a house, pack the truck, fly wife and child, and then drive truck part I am talking about. Then it is the unpack the truck, get the utilities on, unpack into the house, start new jobs, find babysitting, get son to grandparents, meet new people and re-learn a way of life that is now foreign to me. So, lest you enjoy all of the afore mentioned activities, I suggest you stay right where you are and enjoy life.

Now the thing that is most funny to me is that this Sunday I will preach for the first time at my new church family and we are doing a series on giving. I am actually psyched about it but I have to admit it made me laugh because I have been on a journey to be deliberate about recognizing the way God is using me. I have tired to take some time and just think about the day I’ve just lived out and see if I can recognize just how God worked on me, with me, and through me that day. It has been very rewarding. So even though the first sermon I preach here will be about giving I look forward to it because if nothing else I can just tell of all God has given me, not mention the best gift – Jesus.

Take care my friends and family. I will post new pictures of Jonah next post.

8 Comments:

  • At 8:40 PM , Blogger Matt Tibbles said...

    right on!

     
  • At 7:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    oohhh, exciting! I get to hear you preach on Sunday! Can't wait to see you guys, been missing you a lot!

     
  • At 4:44 PM , Blogger J. B. said...

    I can't wait until you put up those pictures of Jonah!

     
  • At 4:35 PM , Blogger McKessidy said...

    Wow, the internet is a crazy thing. Now to just figure out this blogging thing. Glad to hear ya'll are transitioning, give me a holler sometime.

    Peace.

     
  • At 9:07 AM , Blogger Cheryl said...

    Bless you brother! Hope the sermon went well---we are heading Texas way this Friday...

     
  • At 9:52 PM , Blogger Aimee Jo said...

    Since you are such pros at moving, why don't you just come back and help us?
    We are in the same place you guys were just a month or two ago.
    We are planning a Texas trip sometime in July, so maybe we can hook up? We'll contact you.

     
  • At 8:57 PM , Blogger Marta said...

    I don't know if you remember us, Kyle was the youth minister at Westside C of C in Beaverton until the end of this past March. We just made the move to Texas as well. We're in Austin now and moving to our new house next week. Just stumbled across your blog, saw you were in similar transition as we are and wanted to say hello and that we're praying for you as you start your new ministry. God bless!

     
  • At 9:30 PM , Blogger Jen said...

    what's up fellow texas living person? For those of you who don't live in Texas as I and many others do, it's not that exciting... I will hav eto brag, though, that we have only chosen Texas as a temporary arrangement...:)

    Steve, the moving is painful. I did it in August and now I have to do it all over again but only to place myself an hour further out of town than I already am! Changing addresses is annoying, paying the final bills of all the old companies, learning your way around town and then learning your way around another town ten months later. It's awesome! Let's not even get into establishing yourself in a new church family only to have to start over again. Painful...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home