Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Monday, June 05, 2006

A Few Family Things




This past weekend Alasha and I celebrated 6 years of marriage and we had a blast. We have been here almost 2months and this is the first time as a family we were able to go up to Oklahoma City and visit my dad (Willie Jr), my Step-Mother (Linda), and my Grandmother (Bessie). Alasha loves my family and that is just a blessing from God. She and my mother were good friends before my mom passed away. It has been very important for us that Jonah get to spend time with his grandparents. For his first year this was not as easy to accomplish as it is now and just the look on my father's face when he see's his grand-son is worth it. Linda is absolutely incredible with Jonah. She spoils him just the way a grandmother should. Another awesome thing was the fact that Jonah got to spend time with his Great Grandmother. He amazed his grandparents and great grandparent with his eating abilities. My grandma fixed us dinner one night (Roast and potatoes, Cabbage, Greens, and Lemonade) and breakfast another (Sausage, homemade biscuits, eggs, and rice). Jonah ate like we don't feed him and my grandma was laughing at him. Alasha would give me him a bite and he would "beat" his chest in an attempt to "sign" please as in "please give me some more".

Alasha and I got the chance to spend some much needed time just with one another. Oklahoma City has grown alot and we took advantage of it. They have a little river walk with little boats and resturants along the sides. We just hung out, seeing a movie, riding the boat, and later on that evening taking my dad and Linda to dinner and a baseball game that night.

All in all we had a great time and thank God He has blessed us to be closer to family.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:05 PM , Blogger Johnathan M. Thomas said...

    Congrats on 6 years... D and I are almost to our 14th...

    peace.

     
  • At 3:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Glad you guys had a good time. Happy anniversary!

     
  • At 8:26 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

    Glad you are getting in good family time! Those are precious memories to build.

    Unsolicited parent advice: Be sure to get some pics without the pacifier in! :-)

     
  • At 10:19 PM , Blogger Adam Wolfgang said...

    I am so glad you guys get to be near family, God bless you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home