Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Monday, May 07, 2007

NO MORE KIERBOW!



Hello My Friends,

I have a few things I need to catch you up on. Let's start with the union of some beautiful people in the world and some dear friends to Alasha, Jonah and I. I can remember one summer in Portland, Or when a young lady came out to the intern with PUMP at our summer program. She was a very nice young lady that came out with her mother, who helped her get settled in. If I am remembering correctly she stayed with some great friends of ours and PUMP - Kerry and Barbara Barnes. She was soon thrust into the inner-workings of PSP (PUMP Summer Program) and did a great job. Her name is Amy Kierbow and Alasha, Jonah and I had the wonderful pleasure of attending her wedding to a young man who is just as dear to us. This young man's father is one of my spiritual mentor's. His father's name is Greg Woods. Greg and Dottie are awesome christian people who work for the Lord in Portland, Oregon. Greg lead me on both of my trips to Uganda, Africa and is one of the director's of an event that has become monumental in my life - Faith Quest - both Oregon and Uganda. Greg's son's name is Dustin. Congratulations Dustin and Amy. The wedding was wonderful and we really enjoyed ourselves. May God bless you both with many years of agape in His service.

PS - I have a bad (or good) habit of giving some people nick names. Amy's was simply her last name, Kierbow. Her last name is now, Woods so I just think I'll try Amy. Woods is an awesome name but I can't see it as a nick name for a beautiful christian young lady named - Amy. :-)

The Maxwell's!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:03 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Congrats, Amy and Dustin!

     
  • At 7:37 AM , Blogger ewall said...

    I'll always remember what you called Amy after she got married...

     
  • At 11:43 AM , Blogger Cheryl said...

    I'm so glad to see a couple of pictures of the event! Congrats to Dustin and Amy!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home