Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Maverick Mania!


Ok, if for no other reason than to honor my hommie MOLY, I should say something about the electricity of this area. I have to admit it is crazy around here. The seemingly two most important things going on around here are the "heat" and Mavericks. And when I say "heat" I don't mean Miami. The average temp around here is about 95 degrees and the next couple of days it is predicted to be 100 or above. It is sort of crazy to me because the Portland Trailblazers (where I just moved from) went through a definite rebuilding year and now I move to a place where the team is in the finals. It will be interesting to see how long the Mav's can maintain this level of play and to see how Portland will rebuild.

As far as what I think will happen: I would love to see the Mav's win this year and I think they will, but I think it is going to be a definite dog fight. The Heat has a roster of men who have taken less money, who are nearing the end of their careers, and a few who have been after the elusive championship ring for a while. So the Mav's will need to literally will themselves past a "cast-iron skillet" seasoned Heat team. Go Mav's!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:16 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

    "Rebuilding year" is such a nice way to say that a team stinks. Glad you are getting to enjoy the madness!

     
  • At 10:42 PM , Blogger Matt Tibbles said...

    Go heat! Just because you live in Texas doesn't mean you have to drink the water.

     
  • At 10:02 AM , Blogger ewall said...

    go mavs!! Game 1 was a good one, I like the way they are playing. I'm sure it is crazy there in the metroplex, going nuts for the mavs!

     
  • At 6:36 PM , Blogger Jason Hill said...

    Sure our team stinks, but the 5 day forcast has no high above 75 degrees.

     
  • At 11:19 PM , Blogger Adam Wolfgang said...

    I think they gonna win big pappa.

    rain.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home