Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Planning Better

Ok, It has been a while since I have posted and I must say that I have been in the middle of wurlwind life again. It is time to slow down again. This weekend Cascade/Columbia is having their 50 year reunion and I am not there. This is not what I had planned. I really wanted to be present for this, but life after a move is just that. Life after a move. I could've planned better and saved the money. I just balanced our check book and I can see it is definitly time to go back to the "envelope system". We are doing fine but I can see that I am missing out on the things I really want to do because I am satisfying my immediate urges. That will stop. I will also be missing the first day of PSP and I really wanted to be there for that. There is another event coming up at the end of July that I think I am going to try to make. I have not decided as of yet but Alasha and I will Pow Wow and see what comes of it. Other than loving my family, and serving God I am looking forward to returning to Africa and my Father's 60th Birthday Party. Things are great here at Park Row and the Maxwell family has adjusted nicely. I love God and if you are reading this and you know me - then know this: Life is just better when you have Jesus Christ in it. Peace.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:20 AM , Blogger Kristi said...

    I'm sorry you won't be up here this weekend - both for the reunion and the kick-off of PSP. You have had a significant impact on both.

    It was great talking with you yesterday! Blessings on you and your family.

     
  • At 10:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I feel you man, it's back to the envelope system for me too.

     
  • At 4:56 PM , Blogger brenda said...

    I was entering the room for the banquet and I overheard a few people saying that they wish you were able to attend. I didn't really know them, but it was obvious you were missed! By the way, we missed you as well!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home