Big Steve

Just a man trying to become a better Christian following Jesus and those that follow him.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Dr. Mother!


Well it is Tuesday, May 15, 2007, a few days after what is traditionally celebrated as “Mothers Day”. I know I may seem late in posting this but I had to let my words marinate a little this year. You see, Mothers Day meant something different to me this year, not because my mother passed away in 1996, as many of you know; but because one of the many people who helped my family through that time and a childhood, and adult mentor of mine passed away the Monday before Mothers Day. His name was Dr. Clyde Muse. Brother Muse gave moms eulogy and did a great job along with his family in helping us through the passing of Dr. Mother.
I talk about mama from time to time with people who remember her and with those who didn’t. She was awesome. I can remember her taking me to baseball practice and games. I can remember her being there with me while I got shots or splints. ☺ I can remember her calling to check on me when I was at Oklahoma Christian, which is funny because she would call from DAH. For those of you that don’t know, DAH is one of the buildings on campus for you see, mom was a professor at OC. She taught in the education department. She would bring chocolate chip cookies during finals. Like I said, she was awesome.

When I got older and could drive I became the chauffer, which I did not mind. Mama said she couldn’t wait for me to come home so I could take her places. I can remember when I lived in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho the Dershem’s threw a big party when my parents came out to visit. They honored my parents and mom for getting her PhD. in education.
So you can see now possibly a little better why I loved mom so much and for me Mothers Day means something a little different. Alasha is my hot wife and the mother to my beautiful son, Jonah. She reminds me of other friends of mine who are mothers and their dedication to their children and families.
So in honor of you all – Happy Mothers Day and may God continue to bless you and your families.

PS. Yes, my smile comes from mom. ☺

Steve.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:53 PM , Blogger ewall said...

    Dude, that is you with hair, earrings, a turtleneck, and big glasses. :) Would've loved to know your ma. Great post, thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 7:25 PM , Blogger Luke Coles said...

    This was a great post Steve. Wish I had a chance to meet here. Blessings to your fam.

     
  • At 9:16 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Great tribute to your mom. Thanks for sharing!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home